Carbosynth is a growing entrepreneurial company that has an extensive catalogue of over 50,000 products as well as chemistry laboratories synthesizing small quantities of specialist carbohydrates, nucleosides and niche fine chemicals. We are currently seeking an experienced QC Manager to lead and develop our busy QC department located in Compton, Berkshire, UK and oversee the small analytical team in our China operations and help establish QC to support our US distribution.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of the analytical department which supports our R &D chemists and external customers, providing analyses of a wide and varied range of new and established catalogue products. The role will include responsibility for CAPEX and consumable budgets, resource planning as well as managing the daily work flow within the UK department and ensuring consistency of QC provision within the whole group.
You will be familiar with a broad range of analytical techniques and equipment. This should include in-depth knowledge of the majority of the following: UPLC, HPLC, Dionex, titration, NMR, IR and LC-MS. It is essential that you are able to mentor and guide members of the QC team in a range of techniques. You will be able to demonstrate experience of successfully running laboratory projects to develop and validate methods.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
· Good BSc or higher degree in analytical chemistry or chemistry
· Min of 3 years’ experience managing a QC laboratory.
· Essential to have considerable and varied experience in HPLC
· Broad experience in method development and validation
· Ability to manage, mentor and motivate a team
· Self-motivated, well organized and pro-active learner
· Experience in equipment requalification, calibration, servicing etc.
Competitive salary offered
For further information or to apply, please send your CV or contact
Dr Alison Gill
8 & 9 Old Station Business Park